Healthy Foods for Your Teeth
Everyone knows what foods are harmful to their teeth, but does everyone know what the alternatives are? If we have to avoid sticky, hard, and sugary foods, what can we eat? Here are some safe, healthy foods for your pearly whites.
- Apples, pears, guavas, cauliflower, and cucumbers all increase saliva production, which flushes away stains over time.
- Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which can help safeguard against the acids in your mouth.
- Sesame seeds help scrub away plaque.
- Salmon provides calcium and vitamin D, nutrients needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- Shiitake mushrooms help to inhibit bacteria from growing in your mouth.
- Onions help to reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Pineapple acts as a natural stain remover.
- Green vegetables such as broccoli, lettuce and spinach contain iron, which helps form an acid-resistant barrier to protect the enamel on your teeth.
- Ginger, an anti-inflammatory food, supports healthy mouth tissue.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, necessary for healthy tooth enamel.
- Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
Maybe you’re not sure what recipes would incorporate these foods. Have no fear! We’ve got some suggestions about that too.
How about Broccoli Stir Fry with Ginger and Sesame? It’s a healthy and tasty dish with three of the foods listed above! (And no, we didn’t make this recipe up!)
If you like pasta, try Fettuccine with Shiitake Mushrooms & Basil. It only takes thirty minutes to prepare!
And for dessert, we found a simple recipe for Pineapple Casserole. It looks delicious!
Were you expecting a certain food to make the healthy food list, but it didn’t? Check out our main source and search for it in the health section. Or send us a message and ask! We’re here to help you maintain the healthiest teeth and gums possible.
Filed Under: Uncategorized
Dental Tips for Halloween – Carolina Dental Alliance says:
October 31, 2016 at 3:02 pm
[…] you need ideas, check out our list of teeth-friendly foods! (Recipes […]